What We Believe
Wellspring Worship Center believes these major things:
- The Bible is God's message to us and is the authoritative source that teaches us about God and how to live.
- There is one God who exists forever in three persons: the Father, the Son (Jesus Christ), and the Holy Spirit.
- Humanity was created by God for the purpose of being in relationship with Him, but because of sin (wrongdoing), right relationship with God is broken, and people are powerless to restore this relationship.
- The only hope for people to be in right relationship with God is to believe in the Savior (rescuer) Jesus Christ, and to accept that He is in authority over their lives. Jesus Christ was born to a virgin (Mary), died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead. By receiving Him as our Savior and Lord (master), we are able to live forever in a love relationship with God.
- The Holy Spirit lives in (with) those people who accept Christ's gift of right relationship, and helps them to know and love God, and to live a life that is pleasing to Him.
- The Christian Church is in a unique and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. It is composed of all those who trust in Him for a right relationship with God and who are made alive by the Holy Spirit living in them. The mission of the Church is to love God, and to love other people, which includes pointing them to the Savior, Jesus Christ, and helping them to follow Him.